Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. proudly protects 4650 people living in an area of 16.4 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Since its inception in 1941,we have been making history. Prior to 1941, fire protection in Lisbon was obtained from two neighboring fire departments, with the Taftville Fire Dept. covering the lower part of town, and the A.A. Young Department of Jewett City taking care of the upper part of town. Therefore on April 16, 1941, twenty-five interested men gathered at a meeting to promote fire protection for the town of Lisbon. The following men were elected as officers, Chief, Ted Kendall, Asst. Chief, Earle Palmer Sr, Captain, Harry Kaempffe, and Secretary George Helmbolt.