Griffith Fire Department proudly protects 5000 people living in an area of 16 square miles. We operate out of one stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status.
Griffith Fire Department is located just south of the City of Winston-Salem. The department was founded in 1952 and was originally located on West Clemmonsville Rd. The department moved in 1982 to Peters Creek Parkway at the Forsyth and Davidson County line because it was facing annexation by the City of Winston-Salem. The department serves in both Forsyth and Davidson county.