Buffalo Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects 2500 people living in an area of 18 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily industrial area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Buffalo Fire Deptartment was established on December 10, 1870. Making it one of the oldest departments in Scott County and protecting the county's oldest city. The Fire District is made up of agricultural, residential, commercial and heavy industrial areas. The industrial areas include 2 fuel and asphalt oil processing and storage plants with approximately 22 million gallons of storage capabilities, two Mining facilities, salt processing facility and corporate grain elevators. The 18 square mile district includes 6.5 miles of Mississippi river front. Located adjacent to the South West Davenport city limits we encounter heavy truck as well as railroad traffic through our downtown area.