The Lewisburg Fire Department(LFD)was founded in 1897 with Price Miller in charge. The LFD has been proudly serving the Village of Lewisburg and portions of Twin and Harrison Twps. located in Preble Co. Ohio, ever since. Originally formed as a purely volunteer department, the LFD has since became a combination department with paid on call, part time and career members. With the creation of the Lewisburg Emergency Unit (LEU) in 1975 the combined membership of both organizations have continued to provide top level fire suppression and emergency medical care. It is the goal of Lewisburg Fire/EMS to provide the highest level of service to the communities it serves. Lewisburg Fire/EMS is proud to participate in both state and national level trainings and has constructed a live-burn training center within its fire district.