Coal City Fire Department proudly protects 25000 people living in an area of 72 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a paid on call status.
In the year 1883, The Coal City Volunteer Fire Company was founded by city and state statues. Over the years, ordinances were passed to increase membership and the city grew. This operated until the Coal City Fire Protection District was founded in 1966. At this time, they decided Omaha Orange would be the color of Coal City's fire apparatus. Coal City was the first department to select Omaha Orange as a color for fire apparatus 37 years ago and will continue to use it.