Ringing Hill Fire Company proudly protects 10000+ people living in an area of 7.9 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Our fire company is located in Lower Pottsgrove Township, just outside of Pottstown. This gives us a Pottstown address, we are not part of the Pottstown Fire Department. Prior to 1956 the residents of our community had to depend on the Pottstown Fire Department and Sanatoga Fire Co. for fire protection. On January 3, 1956 a group of twenty-three men met at the Ringing Rocks Roller Skating Rink to organize a new fire company. This was not an easy task since they didn't have a dime to work with. After a lot of hard work, on August 16, 1957, they purchased the Ringing Rocks Park from Walter J, Wolf. At this time they also had a brand new 750 GPM pumper ordered. The original purchase of property consisted of 160 acres of land, a small lake, the roller skating rink and the park. We got our name from a large cluster of boulders that were deposited here during the Ice Age. When you strike these rocks with a hammer or hard object, they ring. Thus, this area is known as Ringing Hill.