Springfield Twp. Fire Dept. proudly protects 8400 people living in an area of 36 square miles. We operate out of 2 stations that protect a primarily commercial area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status. We have an ISO rating of 6. Springfield Twp Fire Dept. was established in 1948. The department grew to a total of three stations in 1976. In 1995 the department became combination paid/volunteer due to the increase in activity. In 1996 the number three station received a large building addition, with this improvement the number 2 station was closed and combined with the number three station. Now with two stations manned all the time, the residents in station 2 area saw no change in response time.