Established in circa 1912, the department was originally all volunteer but now has two career members. The department purchased its first new fire engine in 1938, which it still owns. At present, it has a 2005 Peterbilt 330 Engine, a 2005 Peterbilt 330 Brush Truck, a 1995 Freightliner Engine, a 1996 Chevrolet 3500 Brush Truck and a 1964 Chevrolet Engine. The fire district for the Celina Fire Department consists of approximately 100 square miles from the Denton County Line on the west to FM 2478 on the east and from Frontier Parkway (FM 1461) on the south to the Grayson County Line on the north. Over the years, many people have volunteered for the Department. At present, the Department has 26 fire, medical and support personnel, both men and women who give of their time and talents to the citizens of Celina and the surrounding area.