Donaldson Fire Company No. 1 proudly protects 518 people living in an area of 9.7 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
We are a small, self supporting department founded and Chartered in October 1926. Our original building was erected in 1928 and is still used today to house Engine 12-10. Our first apparatus did not arrived until 1930, which was a Seagraves model engine. Our company recently celebrated our 75th Anniversary at a banquet held on September 22, 2001. In recent years, our company has grown in it response to emergencies in our community and the municipalities that surround us. We have been averaging more than 100 responses in the past several years. This is quite impressive from a fire company that generally ran less than 10 calls a year less than 15 years ago. All our members are volunteers with full time careers outside the fire service. First due engine out carries 1000 feet of 5 inch hose, 700 feet 3 inch hose, 500 feet of 1.75 inch hose, Top Mounted Deck Gun with Fog or Smooth Bore Tips, Heat Stick, Carbon Monoxide Monitor, Air Packs and spares for 6 firefighters, Portable Generator and Portable Flood Lights, K-12 Rescue Saw, Chain Saw, 10 Ton Port-a-Power, Radio Ability for both Fire Band and EMS Band. First due Tanker carries 3000 Gallons of Water, Portable Pond of 2000 Gallon capacity, 200 feet of 1.75 hose and 10 x 10 manual Quik Dump system. This truck can function as a water hauling tanker or fight fire as a pumper/tanker.