Crims Chapel Volunteer Fire/Rescue proudly protects 1025 people living in an area of 55 square miles. We operate out of One stations that protect a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Crims Chapel Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1989 as the need for fire protection in rural Rusk county was recognized. Crims Chapel VFD took in a small portion of six previously exsisting departments fire districts in order to speed up response time to emergency calls. A station was built at the corner of County Road 254 and State Highway 322 to strategically place fire apparatus closer to the residents of northern Rusk County. The departments first pieces of apparatus were a 1954 Pumper and a 1976 Off Road truck. We have since began building a new station closer toward the more populated areas of our fire district and further away from the uninhabited areas in the TXU mining area. We have since updated our fleet to four new pieces of apparatus dating 1988 and newer with our newest dating 2001. We have six immediately bordering mutual aid departments available anytime, these departments include: New London VFD, Kilgore FD, Elderville/Lakeport VFD, Tatum VFD, Church Hill VFD, and Henderson VFD. Though we have six close by there are a total of fourteen departments in Rusk County available for call. We work off of an annual budget of $10,000 provided from the Rusk County Rural Fire Protection District #1 as well as grants,donations,and or fund raisers. Crims Chapel provides EMS (Non-Transport) First Responders and greatly appreciates the help from our providers, Henderson Memorial Hospital EMS and Champion EMS.