Slater-Marietta Fire Department proudly protects 3800 people living in an area of +110 square miles. We operate out of 3 stations that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status.
Department, est.1958, from a small mill town (Slater) founded by JPS mill. As the community grew the township Marietta began to grow around the small mill village and fire protection was needed in the out lying areas and townships. Then in 1968 the community became a special purpose distric and included the township of Cleveland. The department now has 2 Stations and 6 Trucks.