The City of Jeannette Fire Dept. was founded in 1888 as a volunteer organization with one hose company. By 1894 three more hose companies were established, Hose Co #2, #3, & #4. On Feb. 1st., 1915 the department hired Paul C. Schlingmann, a retired Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire Fire Chief to organize the first paid department. In 1927 the department minimized their 4 stations to 1, and has been this way ever since. Currently we have 3 full time officers along with 37 part time on call firefighters. The City of Jeannette has the Gamewell Fire Alarm System, which is in all sections of the city. This system was installed in 1914 with 323 boxes. Today there are approzimately 120 boxes and still growing.