Mount Shasta Fire Protection District

The Mount Shasta Fire Protection District was chartered in June of 1938 after residents outside the City limits petitioned to have their own fire department. The City Fire Department, under contract managed the operation of the District. In July 2002, as the result of a financial audit, the contract was cancelled and the District became a separate entity. Covering an area of 21 square miles the District has two stations, three engines, one water tender, and two rescue units.

Loading