Asotin County Fire District #1 proudly protects 15000 people living in an area of 105 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status.
The department was formed in 1951 to serve the residents outside the Clarkston city limits. The original district covered the Clarkston Heights. As the population grew, so did the district boundaries. The district is governed by a three member board of commisioners elected by the district residents. Since the district was formed in 1951, the only bond levy asked of the residents to vote on was the one to form the district.