The Dunlap Community Fire Protection District is an ISO Class 4 District proudly protecting 8000 people in an area of 48 square miles. We operate two fire stations and 10 pieces of apparatus. Our department is a paid-on-call department that also uses part-time members to staff fire stations during certain hours of the day.
The Dunlap Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad was established in 1899. We have a tradition of service to our community, and a history of striving for the best training and equipment. We have been leaders in EMS, from our first rescue truck thirty-seven years ago, Hurst extrication equipment, and AEDs put into service as soon as allowed by the State of Illinois.