Richland Township Fire Department proudly protects 4000 people living in an area of 24square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Richland Twp. Fire Dept was organized in or about January 1949 With members of the old Rushville Fire Company. The dept. had members from through out Richland Twp.The dept. has been under the guideing hand of the present Chief for the past 38 years. Chief Lowell Fisher has a total of 40 plus years on the dept. Their are 32 members on the dept . The dept started its EMS in 1993 with 10 members becoming EMT, At that time. As of the retirement of Chief Fisher the new Chief is Chief Kevin Dailey who took over operations on June 28,2005.