Mattydale Fire Department proudly protects 6000 people living in an area of 2 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a combination of residential, commerical, and industrial areas. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Mattydale Fire Department was organized in 1930 and is named after Frank Matty. The fire department was initially housed in Frank Matty's barn until it was moved to its present location in 1939. The Mattydale Fire Department has been fortunate to have many innovative members over the years. One of the most innovative members was Past Chief Burton Eno. Chief Eno, in the best interest of the fire service, invented the Mattydale Lay or cross lay as it has become to be known over the years.