Clarendon Fire Department proudly protects 2500 people living in an area of 83.5 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Clarendon Fire Department was founded in June, 1882. It was made up of 3 companies: Brown Hose Company, Cornen Hook and Ladder Company, and the Independent Hose Company. In 1935 the first piece of motorized equipment('35 Dodge Pumper) was purchased at a cost of $737. This 1935 Dodge Pumper proudly withstood many grueling tests, and was retired from service in 2005. Our department is located in Clarendon Borough, but also provides first due protection for Mead Township, and mutual aid for Glade, Pleasant, Cherry Grove, and Sheffield Township's. We are an all volunteer department with about 60 members, of which about 47 are active. Our Ambulance Service provides 24 hour 7 days a week emergency medical service to people who live and pass through our community. We are a fully equipped BLS service with 10 EMTs, 5 FR/ERs, and 2 ambulances (1 BLS and 1 QRS), ready to roll. We have equipped both our rigs with Automated External Difibrilators. We provide many services to the community including CPR, and first aid training.