<?xml:namespace prefix = dme />
We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a private department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Cranbury First Aid Squad was incorporated in 1957, with funds provided by Ella Groves Frazier's will. These funds provided for the purchase of an ambulance for the Cranbury First Aid Squad. In September of 1957,the new Cadillac was put into service. In 1960, the Squad voted to accept women as members. In 1967, the Cranbury Fire Co. and the First Aid Squad became sepatate entites. In June of 1963, a silent alarm system (Plectron) was put into use, although we continued using the air horn system that is still in use today. In June of 1972, the members took their first EMT ( Emergency Medical Technician ) course. In November of 1974,we had the dedication of the Squad Headquarters Bldg. at 68 Maplewood Ave. In 1993, Squad members became EMT-D ( defibrillater ) certified. Now all members come out of E.M.T. school with this training. In 1996, Squad building roof was raised, and doors widened to accommodate larger, more sophisticated vehicles. In May of 1997, we celebrated our 40th anniversary. In the year of 2000, we remodeled the basement area to accomodate squad members staying at the building while on call. It is now 2007 and we're celebrating our 50th. Thanks to all of the members over the years who have volunteered time to keep this organization serving the Cranbury community.