We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Armor Volunteer Fire Company, as we know it today, originated with a Men's Club of Armor. This club was formed in 1920 for the social civic betterment of the community. This club served the community as a civil defense unit during World War II. When the war ended and their services were no longer needed, they took on other endeavors. At a meeting held on January 6, 1943, John Foley, president of the Men's Club, appointed a committee to investigate the possibility of establishing a fire company for Armor. Guy Page, a chairman of the committee, approached the Hamburg Town Board seeking a contract. A charter establishing the Armor Volunteer Fire Company was incorperated on may 5, 1944. Mr. John Foley was the company's first president, and Mr. Eugene Schwartz was the first chief. The first regular meetings were held at the Armor School and the Armor Inn until the acquisition of the current site on Clark Street. The company's first truck was purchased from Hamburg Fire Department for $450.00. This money was raised through the efforts of the women resident's rummage sale and the Firemen's Carnival held on the school's grounds. The Armor Inn's garage housed this first piece of fire apparatus.