Louisa Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. proudly protects 7300 people living in an area of 86 square miles. We operate out of one station that protects a mixed suburban/rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Our first-due area,though mostly rural, also includes the Town of Louisa, three shopping centers, a length of Interstate 64, an industrial park with five different manufacturers of various plastic products, a two unit nuclear power plant, and an airport (LKU) large enough to handle small business jets. We provide mutual aid to our neighboring county fire departments, Mineral VFD - Co.2, Trevilians VFD - Co.6, and Zion Crossroads VFD - Co.7. The Louisa Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1924. The Department was and still remains strictly volunteer. All of the apparatus and the firehouses were purchased with funds raised by the members and donations from the citizens of our county.