<?xml:namespace prefix = dme />
The Bazetta Fire Department was formed in 1948. This was an all-volunteer department until 1978 when Robert Lewis became the departments first paid chief. In 1984, Bazetta Fire Department began offering 24 hour Advanced Life Support Service for the Township and other communties, also that same year, the department initiated a part time program and then in 1995 hired 6 full time employees and continued to hire through out the years to the current staffing level. The Fire Department joined the International Association of Firefighters and the Ohio Association of Professional Firefighters in 1996. The Fire Department staffs two stations, the main station, 11 is staffed with 4 personnel plus the Chief. Station 13 is staffed with 2 personnel for 24 hours. All full time employee's are crossed trained as Firefighters and Paramedics along with some of the part time. Currently the department offers the community EMS, Fire Suppression, Fire Prevention, Inspection, and Investigation, Rescue, Child Safety Education, and community CPR classes.
Bazetta Township Web Site http://www.bazettatwp.org