In 1927, the businessmen of Atlanta met to organize a fire company. The land for the original building was donated by Hyatt C. Hatch and the hose co. was named in honor of his son, Hyatt C. Hatch. In 1929, North Cohocton was added to the district. William Corey was the first fire chief. In 1976, a new firehall was built on the site of the old NCA school.