Lone Peak Fire District

<?xml:namespace prefix = dme />

Lone Peak Fire District proudly protects 18000 people living in an area of 30 square miles. We operate out of 3 stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status.

The Alpine fire department was originally formed in 1943 as a volunteer fire department. In January of 1995 the two communities of Alpine and Highland joined and formed the Alpine/Highland Fire District. In July of 1996 the Alpine/Highland Public Safety District was formed, combining the fire, ambulance, and police under a district board. Effective July 1, 1998, the Fire and EMS departments were combined under one leadership. Craig Carlisle was appointed the first full time fire chief in June of 1998. With the addition of Cedar Hills as a member of the Public Safety District, the District Board has changed the name of the District to Lone Peak Public Safety District; so we are now the Lone Peak Fire District. The district is governed by a board made up of 5 members representing each of the three cities and a Public Safety Director. In September 2000, the District began a full time Paramedic Service. The Fire Department is manned at all three stations with 4 full time Firefighter/Paramedics, 24/7, all year around.  The fire department's 3 stations are 1 in each city, Alpine, Highland, and Cedar Hills. 

Loading