Arlington Fire and Rescue, Inc. proudly protects 4950 people living in an area of 30 square miles. We operate out of One stations that protect a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Arlington Fire and Rescue was Chartered on May 5, 1958 through the efforts of many concerned citizens in the Arlington Community. The original location of the Fire Department was at the Arlington Community Center until 1968 when it was moved to its present location. In 1975, Arlington was the first Department in Yadkin County to establish a Fire Protection Tax District. The present district includes the Town of Arlington, a portion of Yadkin County and a portion of Wilkes County. In 1980, Arlington was also the first Department to provide First Responder Services to its citizens. On March 4, 1992 Arlington amended its Chartered name from Arlington Community Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. to its current name. In 1996, 13 members of the Department became the first volunteers in the County to hold an Advanced Life Support Certification as an EMT-D. We have on board, a Laerdal Heartstart 3000 QR Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Also, we are able to administer Epi for anaphylatic reactions and use the (BIAD) Blind Insertion Airway Device. We also carry various pieces of rescue equipment such as an Amkus Rescue tool, stokes baskets, ropes, and etc. Our goal is to provide the best possible service to the citizens of our community.