Fleming Park Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects 6700 people living in an area of 2.0 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Fleming Park Volunteer Fire Department dates back to 1905 and was organized by a group of citizens from the Pittock Neighborhood of Stowe Township.One of three (3) active remaining, there were originally five (5) volunteer departments in Stowe Township; namely, Hose Co. No. 1 (Norwood), Hose Co. No. 2 (Fleming Park), Hose Co. No. 3 (Police Station) , Hose Co. No. 4 (West Park), Hose Co. No. 5 (Presston), Fleming Park was officially chartered under the name Independent Hose Company No. 2, Stowe Township in September 1923 and proudly continues in rich tradition since its inception in 1905. Identified through Allegheny County, PA dispatch as Station 275, Fleming Park is situated approximately 5 miles west of the City of Pittsburgh along the Ohio River and PA Route 51. We operate one (1)custom KME 1250 GPM pumper, one (1) KME Heavy Rescue, and one (1)Pierce 500 GPM attack pumper.