West End Fire Company proudly protects 7800 people living in an area of 1.3 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The West End Fire Company was officially born November 8, 1915, when the County Court granted a charter. Mount Carmel Borough Council authorized the West End's present home, 33 North Vine Street, at a special meeting on May 18, 1925. Ground was broken for the new building May 29, 1925 and construction was completed in January 1926.