Hurlock Volunteer Fire Co. Inc. proudly protects 4000 people living in an area of 70 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Hurlock Volunteer Fire Company was organized in 1924 and incorporated in 1936. The fire department was first located in W.C. Bradley's garage before the fire company was incorporated. Later the old movie theatre served as our headquarters. In 1949 our current building at the intersection of Charles and School streets was built. In 1982 a much larger engine bay was added to accomodate our needs. Currently our membership is about 65 members which includes Fire, EMS, Honorary, and Lifetime. We have a 24 hour on call ALS service which went into effect in 1998.