Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Firefighter/Paramedic, San Ramon Valley CA
Open Until Filled
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is currently recruiting for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. This is an entry level Firefighter position with the District and an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic professional to become a valued member of an innovative, progressive, internationally accredited fire district.
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is an independent Special District in Contra Costa County responsible for providing a high level of emergency and non-emergency services to the communities it serves. The District’s service area encompasses approximately 155 square miles, serving the communities of Alamo, Blackhawk, Danville, San Ramon, the southern boundary of Morgan Territory, and the Tassajara Valley. The communities are primarily residential, commercial, office park, and controlled manufacturing protected by 10 stations and 175 employees.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be a California resident.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED. College degree from an accredited university preferred.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
• Must possess FF1 or FF1 Academy certificate.
• Must possess a valid State of California Paramedic license with ACLS certification. ACLS certification must be equivalent to AHA ACLS standards and include a hands-on skills demonstration sign off consistent with standard ACLS protocol. A Health Care Provider CPR certificate/card consistent with AHA is also required. PHTLS/ITLS/ATT, PALS/PEPP are recommended.
• Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT), issued after March 2011, by time of conditional offer.
The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District provides an excellent benefits and retirement package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY BY: May 18, 2012, 5:00 pm. A District application form is required. For application and complete job announcement/requirements, visit www.firedepartment.org