Firefighter I, Guernsey WY
$2,494.00 - $2,933.00 per month
Open Until Filled
Provide fire mitigation, prevention, supression, medical treatment and fire education at an appropriate EMS level for Camp Guernsey and associated training lands.
- Respond to aircraft, structural and other types of emergencies to protect life and property
- Drive and maintain crash/fire/rescue fire equipment apparatus
- Provide medical assistance and treatment at the appropriate EMT level
- Perform other types of firefighter duties as needed when not utilized as a Driver
- Participate in training activities, station maintenance, facility inspections and fire prevention activities.
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Maintain inventory of extinguishing agents
- Operate and maintain the mobile tactical and ground radios in various equipment and ensure communication capabilities and procedures are properly followed
- Test, record inspection and perform preventative maintenance on fire hydrants.
- When not involved with fire related activities, may provide assistance in conducting natural resources related projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of hazardous material (HazMat)
- Knowledge of aircraft hazards, rescue procedures, fire fighting techniques
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Applicants will be required to pass a Physical Agility test.
- Employee is required to participate in physical fitness program.
- Employee is required to wear all safety equipment provided by the department which can be up to 65 lbs.
- Required to work shifts to include weekend and holidays in addition to being subject to recall.
- This position requires the employee to work under adverse environmental conditions and falls under the respiratory protection program and hearing conservation program.
Preference will be given to applicants with an Associate's Degree (typically in Firefighting) or 1-3 years of progressive work experience in Firefighting.
Required to obtain/maintain Red Card Certification within 6 months of employment and Firefighter I Cerficiation within 1 year of employment.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code PSFF04) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at: http://statejobs.state.wy.us/lookup.aspx
For more information or to apply online go to http://statejobs.state.wy.us/JobSearchDetail.aspx?ID=19999 or submit a State of Wyoming Employment Application to the Human Resource Division, Emerson Building, 2001 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002-0060, Phone: (307)777-7188, Fax: (307)777-6562, along with transcripts of any relevant course work. The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.