Firefighter, Burnsville MN
Open Until Filled
This position protects and saves lives and property through effective rescue and firefighting work, performs related fire prevention activities, equipment and facility maintenance, housekeeping functions as assigned, and performs other fire duties as directed. Responds to emergency medical calls and renders aid to victims.
- Current Minnesota or I.F.S.A.C. Accredited Firefighter II Certification
- Current National Registry Certification as a Paramedic
- Currently certified or eligible for certification as a Paramedic in Minnesota
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License or eligible to be licensed in the State of Minnesota
- Must obtain MN Firefighter licensure prior to completion of the Field Training Program
- Successfully completed a Hazardous Materials Responder
- Operational Level Class NIMS IS (National Incident Management System Independent Study) 100, 200, 700
Applicants must complete City of Burnsville online employment application and include all certifications and licenses for minimum qualifications in order to be considered. The closing date is July 11, 2014.