Fire Chief, Lewisburg PA
The William Cameron Engine Company (founded in 1874) is seeking a Fire Chief/Chief of Department to direct the operations of a combination organization providing fire rescue and EMS services to Lewisburg, PA and the surrounding region.
The Lewisburg region is a vibrant area in central Pennsylvania with a population of 23,000. It is home to Bucknell University and boasts a wide variety of dining, shopping, sports and cultural activities. Fishing, hunting, boating, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking opportunities are abundant throughout the region. State College is within an hour driving distance and Harrisburg is only 90 minutes away. The Lewisburg School District is nationally acclaimed and in 2014 ranks in the top 5% of all school districts in Pennsylvania.
The fire department provides fire, rescue and EMS services to the Borough of Lewisburg and surrounding townships. The Fire Chief is responsible for overall leadership and management of the department including paid and volunteer supervision, recruitment and retention, planning and direction of fire prevention, fire suppression and EMS programs within the fire district. The Fire Chief reports to the Board of Directors of the William Cameron Engine Company and works closely with the Board setting policy for the Department. Current staff includes 12 full-time, 12 part time and 30 volunteer personnel. Annual call volume is approximately 400 fire and 2,500 EMS responses. The budget is $1.5 million.
Salary range is $75,000 to $90,000 per year with a good benefits package. Relocation assistance is provided.
- AA degree in Fire Science or related field from an accredited college. Bachelors degree or above preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Chief Officer or Fire Chief in a combination fire department.
- Fire and EMS certifications as stipulated in the Position Description (available at wcec-lfd.org). CFO and/or EFO designations preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Applicants must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Send electronic cover letter, resume, and three recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted until October 6, 2014. For information call (570) 524-2295 or, e-mail email@example.com, or write to 239 N. 5th St., Lewisburg, PA 17837