Local Newsnevada

  • Speak Up 12/13: Welcome to "Las Vegas Syndrome"

    Article
    Posted: December 1st, 2013

    With a city based on desert heat, gambling, entertainment and late-night debauchery, the unexpected becomes the norm. Whether you’re one of the more than 36 million annual visitors gambling away the house payment or enjoying an adult beverage at the new “it” night club, Las Vegas, NV, has whatever you desire. Las Vegas is advertised as...


  • Fire Wire 10/13

    Article
    Posted: October 1st, 2013

    AUG. 1: LOWER WINDSOR TOWNSHIP, PA – Multiple explosions accompanied a massive fire that destroyed the city’s public works building. Numerous departments responded. A day care center in the building was closed for the summer and all road workers were out doing road work when the fire started. AUG. 3: ANGIER, NC – An elderly couple was...


  • Oshkosh Delivers 1,000th Striker ARFF to Vegas

    Press Release
    Posted: August 12th, 2013

    Oshkosh Airport Products Group, a division of Oshkosh Corporation, delivered its 1,000th Oshkosh® Striker® Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicle. Striker number 1,000 was placed into service at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, Nev. The Striker 6 x 6 joins the all Striker fleet – which includes the first Striker 8 x 8...


  • Fire Wire 2/13

    Article
    Posted: February 1st, 2013

    DEC. 20: MERIDEN, CT – At least three people were displaced from their homes after a dryer fire in the basement of a condominium complex. DEC. 24: LAS VEGAS, NV – Damage was estimated at $50,000 after a fire in a large, two-story wood-frame/stucco house that likely started in a fireplace. The family of four left earlier in the day to visit...


  • Fire Wire 1/13

    Article
    Posted: January 1st, 2013

    NOV. 2: OCALA, FL – Five people using a gasoline generator inside their home survived carbon monoxide poisoning when one was able to call 911. NOV . 10: COOKVILLE, TN – Improperly discarded cigarettes were a possible cause of a blaze that likely began on a home’s front porch and caused $40,000-$50,000.  NOV . 14: MERIDEN...


  • Fire Wire 11/12

    Article
    Posted: November 1st, 2012

    SEPT. 1: GREENBELT, MD – Two firefighters were injured when apparatus responding to a possible house fire collided with a vehicle. The possible house fire turned out to be a malfunctioning electrical outlet.   SEPT.  3: WEST MAUI, HI – Sixty firefighters battled a blaze at a resort and managed to contain it to the building that...