Local Newsnew hampshire

  • Man Breaks N.H. Firehouse Windows, Struggle Ensues

    Posted: October 9th, 2012

    Gilford firefighters had an unwelcome visitor late Sunday night when an apparently intoxicated man banged on two overhead garage windows at the fire station, breaking them.

  • For the Record 10/12

    Posted: October 1st, 2012

    Fire Grant Expands RSLN The Cumberland Valley, PA, Volunteer Firemen’s Association (CVVFA) was awarded a Fire Prevention and Safety Grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to continue lifesaving and injury prevention strategies for firefighters working on the roadways helping others. The competitive grant is part of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program. The grant of $396,000 will allow the CVVFA Emergency Responder Safety Institute (ERSI) to produce a number of...

  • N.H. Crews Battle Three-Alarm Commercial Fire

    Posted: September 17th, 2012

    Manchester Fire Chief James Burkush said firefighters searched the building and attempted to fight the flames from the inside, but that the call was soon made to initiate an exterior attack.

  • New Hampshire Barn Fire Claims 14 Horses

    Posted: September 6th, 2012

    Firefighters from nearly a dozen towns responded to the blaze at Perry Hill Farm Thursday morning to find the 10,000 square-foot barn engulfed in flames.

  • New Hampshire Fire Chief Dies While on Duty

    The New Hampshire Union Leader, Manchester
    Posted: September 3rd, 2012

    Town leaders and officials expressed shock and sorrow at the sudden death of Hopkinton Fire Chief Richard Schaefer, who died of a heart attack Sunday night.

  • Fire Wire 9/12

    Posted: September 1st, 2012

    July 4: Pelham, NH – Fireworks ignited and exploded inside a home, injuring nine people including two children who were airlifted to Boston.   July 5: Virginia Beach, VA – Discarded fireworks in a trash can caused two homes to catch fire. Dispatchers received 59 calls related to fireworks between 10 P.M. and 3 A.M.   July 10...

  • Former New Hampshire Movie Theater Hit by Fire

    The Union Leader (Manchester, NH)
    Posted: August 28th, 2012

    A Manchester movie theater with a history dating to the silent film era sustained fire, water and smoke damage in a fire Monday night.