Local Newsnorth carolina

  • Christmas Fire In Ayden Ruled Arson

    Article
    Posted: January 7th, 2003

    Fire erupted in the kitchen of the house shortly before 9:30 p.m. on Dec. 24 and again about 1:45 a.m. Dec. 25. Fire officials contacted the State Bureau of Investigation on Dec. 26 because a second fire would likely have started in the roof, not the kitchen, fire officials said.


  • Just Venting

    News
    Fayetville Online
    Posted: January 6th, 2003

    Firefighters had to use a rope to pull the man out of a 10-foot-tall, 1-foot-wide vent where he got stuck during an alleged break-in attempt at the restaurant.


  • Edwards Pans Bush Economic Stimulus Ideas

    News
    Posted: January 6th, 2003

    North Carolina Sen. John Edwards said Sunday if he were president he would extend unemployment benefits for people who have been jobless for six months and help cash-strapped states pay for homeland security to keep police and firefighters on the job.


  • Edwards Pans Bush Economic Stimulus Ideas

    News
    WRAL
    Posted: January 6th, 2003

    North Carolina Sen. John Edwards said Sunday if he were president he would extend unemployment benefits for people who have been jobless for six months and help cash-strapped states pay for homeland security to keep police and firefighters on the job.


  • N.C. Community Colleges Must Detail Possible Cuts

    News
    Charlotte Observer
    Posted: January 6th, 2003

    Four categories of classes can't be cut, the state office told the colleges: Public safety programs, which train firefighters and police officers, for example.


  • Fire Damages Durham Home; Girl Found Outside

    News
    News 14 Carolina
    Posted: January 6th, 2003

    Police say the teenager was home alone when the fire started and she was found crying in the driveway when officers arrived. Police are investigating the fire and they believe it was intentionally set


  • Jasper Fire Leaves Family Homeless

    News
    New Bern Sun Journal
    Posted: January 2nd, 2003

    Imoni Whitney, 5, was flown to the Chapel Hill Burn Center after the Jasper home she shared with her mother, brother and grandparents was destroyed by fire Monday night.