Local Newsvermont

  • Kimtek’s FIRELITE Skid Unit for Pickup Trucks

    Press Release
    Posted: July 1st, 2011

    Westmore, Vermont, June, 2011 –– Kimtek Corporation’s FIRELITE™ Transport FDHP-11 compact skid unit for pick-up trucks offers a versatile, cost effective quick response solution for fire services. Rugged and rust proof, this lightweight slip-in fire skid unit offers quality construction at an affordable cost.


  • Vermont, N.H. Crews Battle Five-Alarm Blaze

    News
     
    Posted: April 18th, 2011

    April 18--BRATTLEBORO -- A five-alarm fire ravaged a historic 59-unit apartment building on Main Street that also housed several businesses. The blaze, which began Sunday at about 9 p.m. at Brooks House, wasn't declared under control until 6:36 this morning, according to Brattleboro Fire Chief D. Michael Bucossi. "It's the biggest fire...


  • Va. Firefighter Arrested for Drunken Joyride

    News
    Posted: March 6th, 2011

    A Hamilton volunteer firefighter was arrested early Saturday morning for allegedly taking a fire truck for a drunken joyride with four other firefighters, according to The Loudoun Times.Sean Richard Swanson, 27, was driving the fire company's 1989 Pierce Lance pumper truck on Harmony Church Road at a high rate of speed.A report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office stated that a deputy heading toward the truck was forced to veer into a ditch to avoid a collision. He then turned around and...


  • Kimtek Introduces MEDLITE EV Unit for Polaris Ranger EV

    Press Release
    Posted: January 19th, 2011

      Westmore, Vermont, January 1, 2011 –– Kimtek Corporation has introduced the MEDLITE™ Transport EV, a custom skid unit designed for the new Polaris Ranger® EV. This powerful combination is a breakthrough for medical service agencies forced to work in tight crowds and do not want to expose patients, crews, and the public to noxious...


  • Vermont Organic Farm Destroyed by Fire

    News
    Story by wptz.com
    Posted: January 12th, 2011

    CRAFTSBURY, Vt. -- One of Vermont's best-known organic farmers watched his main barn, including the entire stored winter crop, burn to the ground Wednesday morning. Pete Johnson, who started Pete's Greens nearly 10 years ago, estimated the loss at $250,000. Johnson woke up early Wednesday morning to find his main barn engulfed in flames. Firefighters couldn't save the barn, but did keep the fire from spreading to Johnson's nearby home and...


  • Fire Destroys Large Vermont Furniture Store

    News
    Posted: December 16th, 2010

    ST. ALBANS, Vt. -- An afternoon fire destroyed a furniture rental store in St. Albans and getting everything under control could take all night, said officials. Officials have said the blaze started at the back of the building around 2 p.m. at the Advantage Rental on Sheldon Rd. No injuries have been reported and the store was open at the time.


  • Vt. Apartment Complex Fire Displaces 6 Families

    News
    Story by wptz.com
    Posted: November 3rd, 2010

    JONESVILLE, Vt. -- Richmond firefighters were back on the scene 12 hours after a fire forced six Jonesville families from their homes Sunday night. "Pretty much the entire roof is completely gone," said tenant Adam Cross. Adam Cross returned from an evening out with friends to find his home in flames. "We got here around midnight and the roof was on fire pretty much," Cross said. "We noticed a lot of people screaming. We ran inside to get the animals."


  • Fire Forces Evacuation at Vt. Airport

    News
    Story by www.wptz.com
    Posted: August 19th, 2010

    BURLINGTON, Vt. -- It was quite a scene for travelers flying to Burlington International Airport Tuesday night. A fire broke out in a parking garage stairwell -- the same site where construction was taking place. The airport is expanding the parking garage by two stories. "Construction activity was completed for the day so there wasn't anybody in the area," said airport director Brian Searles. He said the investigation into the cause of the fire is...


  • Vermont Man Rescued From Fire Dies

    News
     
    Posted: August 19th, 2010

    WINOOSKI, Vt. -- Police have confirmed that a young man, 26-year-old Kaldon Goodwin has died at the hospital after firefighters tried to save him from an early morning apartment fire in Winooski. According to police, Goodwin lived in one of the downstairs apartments and was unconscious when he was pulled from the burning building. Crews were called at 2 a.m. Wednesday to a blaze at an apartment building on the corner of West and Pine streets.