Man Dies in Pa. Fire, 3 Firefighters Hospitalized


A homeowner died, and three firefighters suffered heat exhaustion while responding to a house fire in Pritchard Street in Sharaden neighborhood.

Paramedics said the firefighters were taken to the hospital, while the homeowner, Vincent Collura, was pronounced dead from the blaze.

Neighbors said the fire looked like it started on the second floor, in the rear of the house.

"I feel very bad. I did not know him. I knew his mother as a neighbor. She's been gone a couple of years now," a neighbor said. "I opened up the door and there was this black smoke billowing all over the neighborhood. Flames were shooting out of the upstairs window."

Neighbors said the house was unkempt, both inside and outside.

Investigators said the fire started as a result of food left cooking on the stove.

Copyright 2011 by WTAE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.