A Honolulu firefighter was injured after falling through the roof while investigating a reported fire on Monday night, according to HawaiiNewsNow.
Capt. Dwayne Lee, 43, stepped on a fiberglass panel that gave way, sending him approximately 30 feet below.
He was transported to the Queen's Medical Center in serious condition, but was later upgraded to stable condition, the report said.
Crews responded to the call at a building in Kalihi at 2023 Republican Street just before 10 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered there was no fire, but that smoke was coming from a malfunctioning furnace used to burn combustible materials.