Two New Orleans firefighters were injured in a flash fire Wednesday morning, according to WWL-TV.
Crews responded to the fire in the 2100 block of Bienville Street at approximately 8:15 a.m. after the fire was sparked by a worker who cut into a gas line.
The worker who cut the line sustained first- and second-degree burns to his face and upper body and was airlifted to a burn center in Baton Rouge.
When crews arrived, there was still a faint odor of gas in the structure and as one firefighter checked under the house, another flash fire occurred, causing minor burns to his head and face.
Another firefighter also was injured by the second fire and suffered minor burns to his head and back.
Both firefighters were transported to a local hospital and were expected to be released later in the day.