Denver Senior Living Center Evacuated After Fire

DENVER -- A fire at a senior assisted living center caused the entire building to be evacuated Saturday afternoon. The fire broke out at about 12:30 p.m. on the sixth floor of The Heritage Club of Denver, at 2020 South Monroe St...


DENVER -- A fire at a senior assisted living center caused the entire building to be evacuated Saturday afternoon.

The fire broke out at about 12:30 p.m. on the sixth floor of The Heritage Club of Denver, at 2020 South Monroe St, authorities said. Denver firefighters called out a second alarm and discovered heavy smoke billowing out of the building when they arrived, Denver fire spokesman Phil Champagne said.

The fire was put out within minutes, Champagne said, but one person at the center was transported to Porter Adventist Hospital with smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were still determining the cause of the fire.

Report a typo or inaccuracyIf you have a news tip or a follow-up to this story, e-mail us.Copyright 2011 by TheDenverChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, r