Ark. Crews Rescue Man Stuck in Hotel Chimney

ROGERS, Ark. --

Benton County officials rescued a man who was stuck inside a chimney at the old Monte Ne Hotel near Beaver lake early Wednesday morning.

Dispatchers said the 20-year-old man became stuck when he and at least one other person were filming at the site.

Rescue crews said, when they pulled the man to safety at about 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, he did not have any injuries.

Fire officials on the scene said the man was very lucky.

"You're likely to find hazards in abandoned buildings that you may not find in normally occupied structures," said Rogers Fire Chief Tom Jenkins.

Several law enforcement agencies, including Rogers police and fire departments and the Benton County Sheriff's Department, responded to the incident.

Officials are not releasing the man's name at this time.

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.