"We are proud to have supported the development and dissemination of this educational material for fire fighters and first responders," said Masimo Founder and CEO, Joe Kiani. "The 'Silent Killer' campaign is our opportunity to help save the lives of the men and women who put their lives on the line everyday for each of us. We know that the more successful this campaign is in reaching and educating them about the hidden dangers and risks of carbon monoxide poisoning, the fewer of our heroes will become victims and have their lives shortened by carbon monoxide poisoning."
The new website was specifically developed to help raise awareness among fire fighters, first responders, emergency medical service (EMS) personnel, and their friends and families about the unsuspected occupational dangers of CO poisoning and how best to protect themselves.
Designed as a destination site for all emergency first responders website features the new video along with a host of other important health and safety resources, including:
- CO Fact Sheets with medical/scientific information about the health and safety risks of CO poisoning.
- Special CO supplement published in the Journal of Emergency Medical
- Services titled "The Silent Killer: CO Monitoring Adds a New Dimension to Firefighter Rehab & Emergency Care."
- CO screening and medical monitoring outlined in NFPA 1584: National Standard on the Rehabilitation Process for Members During Emergency Operations and Training Exercises.
- Links to other fire fighter, first responder, and EMS industry websites and resources.
- Free online ordering of "The Silent Killer" DVD, as well as other available resources.