Tenn. Junior High School Damaged by Fire

NASHVILLE, Tenn. --

Firefighters said a fire broke out in an upstairs maintenance room at Martin Luther King Junior High School around 4 a.m. Saturday.

Fire crews worked to put out the blaze throughout the morning.

Water and fire caused major damage to the building and the electrical system.

At least three classrooms were damaged, but no one was in the building when the fire began.

Crews believe air pockets in the roof could have caused the fire.

Classes at the school have been canceled for Monday, according to Metro Schools spokesperson Olivia Brown.

Copyright 2010 by WSMV.com. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Got a story idea? E-mail newstips to news@wsmv.com or call the newsroom 24/7

Loading