Fumes Kill Three in Maryland House

HYATTSVILLE, MD -- Three people were found dead, and a girl is hospitalized following an apparent case of carbon monoxide poisoning.Prince George's County paramedics were called to a home Sunday morning for a teenage girl complaining of trouble...


HYATTSVILLE, MD -- Three people were found dead, and a girl is hospitalized following an apparent case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Prince George's County paramedics were called to a home Sunday morning for a teenage girl complaining of trouble breathing.

Crews found three men dead on the second-floor of the house, said Mark Brady, fire department spokesman.

A gasoline-powered generator was found running in the basement.

The house did not have any electric service. The generator was turned off by firefighters and an atmospheric test determined there were upwards of 300 parts per million (PPM) of CO inside the home. Anything over 35 PPM is considered unhealthy, Brady said in a prepared statement.