Chimney Falls on Two Missouri Firefighters

DOE RUN, Mo. --

The firefighters were from the Bismark Fire Protection District. The falling debris cracked the helmet of one of the firefighters. He underwent a CT scan at the hospital and was released.

Doe Run Fire Chief Mike Kelso said the fire broke out about 3 a.m. Thursday in a vacant home on Hildebrecht Road in Doe Run. Bismark rural firefighters came to help out. The two firefighters were fighting the blaze from the outside when the building shifted, roof collapsed and caused the chimney to fall.

"They were beat up, banged and bruised, but they've both been treated and released," Kelso said.

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Loading