<?xml:namespace prefix = dme />
CLARKSVILLE, Ark. --
Clarksville Deputy Fire Chief Clark Gray said a fire alarm triggered a quick response to the Tyson foods plant, where firefighters battled heavy smoke and flames.
Tyson managers said the fire started in the company's laundry room.
Gray said as part of their investigation, officials will be looking at two large gas dryers that are inside that room.
The only employees on duty were maintenance workers who managed to escape from the building without injury.
Firefighters had to run hoses through the plant's break room in order to reach the flames that were in the laundry room.
Gray said the fire was contained quickly thanks to the company's sprinkler system.
"Could have been a lot worse," he said "Sprinklers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
The Clarksville Tyson plant employs about 1,000 people. Mangers said the fire damaged about 1,200 square feet of space. They said it shouldn't affect upcoming production schedules.
Copyright 2010 4029tv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.