NEW YORK -- FDNY firefighters rescued two people who were injured in an explosion in Queens on Monday night, according to WNYW.
The explosion at the two-story home occurred at approximately 7:30 p.m. A 64-year-old homeowner opened a propane tank at the doorway of the basement when it blew up.
The male homeowner and a woman who was on another floor were briefly trapped and needed to be rescued by firefighters.
The man suffered burns and was transported to Cornell's burn center and is expected to recover. The woman sustained minor injuries and was taken to New York Hospital's Queens Branch.
More than a hundred firefighters responded to the two-alarm blaze.