GREENVILLE, S.C. --
Oconee County firefighters battled a blaze at Westminster Baptist Church on East Windsor Street Sunday evening.
The fire broke out just after 5:30 p.m. after a candle was left burning unattended inside the church sanctuary. A group of people in the sanctuary at the time noticed the fire and called 911.
The blaze caused minor damage to a wall in the sanctuary and smoke damage throughout the church, but no one was injured.
Copyright 2009 by foxcarolina.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Got a story idea? E-mail news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org