CHARLOTTE, N.C. --
Flames burned through a home on Gainesborough Road near Shamrock Drive in east Charlotte early Wednesday morning.
Investigators said the fire was contained to the kitchen area, and the family including children managed to escape with no injuries, but there were some losses.
One cat was rescued, but the family lost several pets during the fire.
Firefighters said they got the scene around 2:40 a.m. and the flames were control in under 20 minutes.
Investigators said a teapot boiling on the stove in the kitchen appears to be what sparked the blaze.
The estimated damage is around $25,000.
Copyright 2009 by . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.