Pennsylvania Woman, Pets Rescued from Fire

The woman was flown to Penn State Hershey Medical Center, but police don't know her name or condition.


FAIRVIEW TOWNSHIP, Pa. --

A York County woman was burned by a fire at her home Thursday night.

The blaze happened in the 300 block of Steigerwalt Hollow Road in Fairview Township at about 7:30 p.m.

The woman called 911 when the fire started on the stove.

When firefighters arrived, the woman told them two other people were in the home and tried to run back inside.

No one was found, but three cats and four dogs were rescued.

"She was soot covered. Her hair was singed on the top," said Fairview Township Fire Chief Bill Carlisle. "So, you could tell she had been inside while it was burning, trying to enter to find her animals or put the fire out."

The woman was flown to Penn State Hershey Medical Center, but police don't know her name or condition.

Copyright 2009 by WGAL.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.